CORK-CLEAN™ is an aqueous, blanket and roller wash for UV coatings. It greatly reduces the odor, toxicity, and flammability hazards associated with solvent-based UV washes.
CORK-CLEAN™ is designed specifically for use with Cork Industries’ GREEN20™ and GREENSOFT™ products, but it works as a blanket and roller wash for all commercial UV coatings.
Use this product for coater, anilox, and roller cleanup.
- Low odor
- Concentrated product may be used neat or cut 50:50 with water.
- Will not contaminate Cork Industries’ Green-Series UV/EB coatings.
- Improved work environment.
Better Than Conventional UV Wash
Conventional UV wash products are solvent based, they have low flash points (e.g., 145°F), and they have a very high VOC content—50% to 78% or greater. The high flammability of conventional UV wash products makes clean up the most hazardous job for a UV printer. Solvent-based UV washes leave a residue because they dissolve the UV coating. The thin solvent film evaporates and leaves some dissolved UV on the surface just cleaned!
Cork Clean is the Smarter, Safer UV Wash
- Cork-Clean™ is an aqueous, blanket and roller wash for UV coatings. It greatly reduces the odor, toxicity, and flammability hazards associated with solvent-based UV washes.
- Cork-Clean™ was designed specifically for use with Cork Industries’ Green20™, Low Carbon Footprint (LCF), and GreenSoft™ products, but it works as a blanket and roller wash for all commercial UV coatings.
How it Works
- Cork-Clean™ is an aqueous-based product which reacts with a UV coating. The reaction makes the UV coating dispersible in Cork-Clean™ and serves to take the UV coating from rubber rolls and out of anilox cells cleanly.
- The wash then rinses off with no residue.
- Cork-Clean™ is safe for butyl rubber and all typical elastomeric rollers.
Instructions for Cleaning UV Ink Rollers:
- Apply Cork-Clean™ to rollers.
- Allow 20 to 30 seconds to penetrate.
- Apply more Cork-Clean™ as needed until rollers are ink free.
- When ink free, rinse or wipe thoroughly with tap water.
- DO NOT rinse or wipe with water until roller is ink free.
- Dry water with clean rag.
Note: Your initial clean up may take longer than normal as Cork-Clean™ will release embedded ink pigments from rollers. After repeated applications, your rollers will return to a near-original condition.